Hello! Welcome to my little corner, I'm so glad you are here!
Before we jump in, let me introduce myself and my family. I'm the type of person that loves the details, the background, the how and why. So if that's your jam too, read on and if not, you might want to skip ahead. 😁
I married my high school sweetheart, Sean, and went on to have two very handsome boys! Due to a very complicated pregnancy with our second son, the doctors encouraged us to not have any more children. So we settled into life and the new adventures two very active boys bring. Several years later, God birthed in my spirit a deep desire for a little girl. It was a long journey to get from there to actually holding that beautiful daughter in my arms, another entry for another day, but it did come to pass.
Our daughter wasn't home very long before we began the adoption process again, and then again, and again and again. Suffice it to say, it was a very wild six years as we brought home five children in that time. Unbeknownst to us, several of those children had significant special needs that we would find out about over the next few years.
That leads us to now....the beautiful present. When I look back I will admit some of our life is a literal blur but all in all it has been an indescribably amazing adventure.
So why this blog? What do I have to offer in a world full of information? Mostly, I hope, encouragement. I believe in you! The special needs life is intense and so often we are faced with a myriad of decisions we have no idea how to slog through. As the years have progressed, I've asked other moms with special needs children and adults many questions that we were trying to figure out but usually they did not want to give answers, advice or guidance. This added to the stress and strain of trying to navigate this new area seemingly on our own. That's where this blog, my YouTube Channel, and our Instagram page come into play. I want to help. I want to be a resource. I want to remind you that you are not alone.
I am not a professional. I am just a mom who has and is walking this special needs journey right along beside you. Our kids might have different diagnoses, different needs but ultimately we are all walking this journey the same way......with our hearts and hands holding tight to our precious ones and trying to do our very best for them so they in turn, can live their best lives!
May I walk with you? I'd be happy to make room for you friend. Remember, there is joy in the journey if we just look for it. Keep going friend. I'm cheering you on....until next time,
Lisa 💕
Wow ! Lisa thanks for sharing you are an amazing mommy.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the love! <3
Delete